Friday, December 24, 2010

A-Z of Supporting Fair Trade - 'Z' is for Zikomo kwambiri

As we finish our 26-day exploration of Fair Trade, I close with Zikomo kwambiri.

ZIKOMO KWAMBIRI is THANK YOU VERY MUCH in Chichiwa, a language spoken in South Africa and Malawi. That is what, I humbly want to say to each and everyone of you.

Years ago, when we started The Mission Marketplace I had no idea of the kindness, support, laughter and love that this community would show us. I am ASTONISHED by your actions. This is only a partial list of my blessings, (if I've forgotten anyone or thing, please blame it on lack of sleep/overload of gingerbread and old-age).

Zikomo kwambiri to our non-profit Board of Directors,
Zikomo kwambiri to excellent Staff (past & present), Marilyn, Sarah, Jennifer,
Lorna, Cynthia and Kat,
Zikomo kwambiri to our Volunteers,
Zikomo kwambiri to our Fair Trade Suppliers,
Zikomo kwambiri to my Michigan (and outside MI) Fair Trade Store friends,
Zikomo kwambiri to our Artisan Partners,
Zikomo kwambiri to the Chelsea business Community (neighbors/DDA/Chamber),
Zikomo kwambiri to other Chelsea Non-profits,
Zikomo kwambiri to Chelsea activists,
Zikomo kwambiri to the McKune Memorial Library, Bill & Staff,
Zikomo kwambiri to the Chelsea Cooperative Preschool,
Zikomo kwambiri to Chelsea Schools, students and Teachers,
Zikomo kwambiri to Soft Serve Symphony,
Zikomo kwambiri to our upstairs neiughbors who listen to drumming and the gong being
hit aprox 20 times a day,
Zikomo kwambiri to ourcustomers for theircontinued patronage, their stories, their
jokes and their belief that our actions in our day-to-day activities do make a
difference,
Zikomo kwambiri to those who get our Non-profit mission and chose to support our
vision for the future with a charitible donation, and
Zikomo kwambiri to my family for putting up with me.

I try to wrap my head around the number of these gifts that will be given tomorrow, the smile on the giver's face, the joy on the receiver's heart and the Hope in the lives of our Artisan Partner's lives and know that our small part in that miracle makes me ASTONISHLINGLY BLESSED.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday's to ALL!

Kevin Frahm

No comments:

Post a Comment